Acne – A Rising Skincare Problem of Every Teenager
Acne (medical name; Acne vulgaris) is arguably the most common and widespread dermatological condition, occurs as a result of pores or glands clogged with oil, dead skin cells, or bacteria. It mostly acts on the area of skin with higher oil glands i.e. face, neck, chest, back, etc.
Oily skin, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, cysts or nodules, scars all can be the classic traits of acne.
It can affect people of every age group, but teenagers are most likely to suffer from it. The reason is when puberty hits, sex hormones i.e. androgens increase and become active which may overstimulate the oil glands. It can affect both genders.
There are various reasons which can result in acne, such as
1. Genes: Like other diseases, Acne can be inherited. If your parents had acne in their teenage, there are higher chances that you’ll also have it.
2. Hormones:Hormonal influence during the menstrual cycle or puberty may lead to acne.
3. Diet: Certain foods particularly oily and hyperglycemic diets may contribute to the appearance of acne.
4. Stress: It’s not taken seriously but stress can actually cause acne or may worsen it.
Others: Several other factors can also form acne or worsen the pre-existing acne such as environmental factors, bacterial infections, certain medications, etc.
How can you prevent Acne?????
There’s no textbook treatment for acne. It may differ according to age, gender, body physiology, climate conditions, etc.
However, a few things may benefit you
1. BY KEEPING YOURSELF HYDRATED – It’s extremely important to have a good intake of water to have better skin. Fresh juices are also a great source of hydration and are loaded with nature’s goodness.
2. TAKE CARE OF YOUR DIET – If you’re suffering from acne, avoid foods with excessive oil and sugar.
3. KEEP IT CLEAN– Gently cleanse your face twice a day.
4. SKINCARE REGIMEN – Good skin care regimen consists of products containing Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl peroxide. (Refer to your doctor before using)
5. TEA-TREE OIL IS YOUR BEST FRIEND – Applying 2-3 drops of tea tree essential oil on the affected area may help in the reduction of acne.
6. TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN – Use a water-based moisturizer after cleansing and toning your skin. Also, apply good sunscreen to reduce the effects of UV rays which damages the skin 10x times faster.
7. USING ALOE VERA ON THE FACE HAS BENEFITS
· Its anti-inflammatory properties can reduce pain, swelling, and soreness of wounds or injuries
· It supports the production and release of collagen
· It can speed up trusted source wound healing time and limits scarring
· It reduces trusted sources the healing time of first-degree and second-degree burns
· It is effective in treating fungal and bacterial infections trusted source
· It has an antioxidant effect that can help repair sun damage and slow down the aging process of the skin
· It protects the skin from the damaging effects of radiation therapy
· It contains 98% water, which helps moisturize, soothe, and hydrate the skin
· It helps to make the skin more flexible trusted source and supple, rather than stiff and leathery
· It has a cooling effect on rashes or sunburns
– TEA MIGHT HELP – Diluted green tea applied superficially produce a cooling effect on the skin.
*Always do a patch test before applying any skincare remedy*
Remember, in case of severe acne, breakouts, and scars, consult a good dermatologist to have a proper prescription of pharmaceutical treatment according to your skin type.
Also, in case of any psychological effects of acne i.e. anxiety, depression, lower self-esteem, social phobia, dysmorphic disorder there’s no harm in visiting a psychologist.
Acne is just a skin condition.
· It won’t make you ugly.
· It won’t destroy your image.
· It won’t make you less worthy.
So definitely try to fight with it and eradicate it, but never stop loving yourself!
Very well explained. Author seems genuine and have a great insight!
Thank you. Appreciated.
Zbrdast 100 informative
Informative and Helpful 👍
Thanks to all followers. your responses motivate us.
This article is so helpful yet informative , highlights common elementary causes that are too a sign of negligence.
well done very well explained👏👏
Appreciation for the author. Informative
Gonna try these for my acne
Now a days everyone facing this issue
Very informative 👍
Well explained by the author 👏 really it's helpful in future I surely follow these remedies 🙂
Thanks for sharing
Appreciation for the author